January 17, 2011

Gilmore Girls kind of life--Vermont Interview

Vermont has the fish bowl card. For many people, the fish bowl life is feared and avoided, but I've always rather liked the idea of living a small new engladny town. I blame Gilmore Girls for putting it in my head that such a life is all charm. I blame Jacki for putting Gilmore Girls into my head.

This is where I would hang out everyday, right?

Brad went to Vermont solo to check out the University of Vermont Children's Hospital. Being early January, he expected to freeze. He did not expect the airline to lose his luggage, forcing him to face the freeze in only a sweater. Seriously. Adding insult to injury, he had to check his carry on because the plane was packed. His carry-on was his suit and materials for the interview the next day. So, Brad went with a beachy casual look for his so far north the people say aboot, interview. Regardless, the program didn't lack any charm. The people were very kind and accommodating. Even though the hospital is very small, it boasts a variety of patients and a highly regarded teaching staff.


The hosptial is in Burlington. See it? Right there in the nose bleed section of the U.S.

Charming yes, but as Brad and I are not suburbanites quite yet, I am not sure that the Vermont lifestyle would suit us. Job hunting would be tricky for me and there aren't many commutable locations nearby, unless Montreal decided to honor California bar licensing. I do love Gilmore girls but honestly, I'm not sure I'm ready for so much cute in my life. Also, I worry that so much white (buildings, weather, people) might quiet our spice.

Brad liked the program and the people and didn't mind the cold. He too doesn't feel that it is quite the right fit for right now. I would say, rank wise, Vermont is nestled in the same area as Nashville.

I am very excited for Brad's next interview both because he doesn't have to travel far and because I have an affinity in mi corazon for San Diego. After San Diego, Brad's next and final interview will be in Denver Colorado on January 28. We're almost there! 

2 comments: