November 8, 2010

Make Like a Tree and Leave (Dang You Stanford)

We've had some good news and bad news over the last couple weeks.

First, Stanford must have found out that we attended the Huskies tailgate in full effect on Halloween because shortly after the game, Brad learned that he did not receive an interview with Standford's Children's Hospital. The bay area will have to mourn the loss of the McCammack's because it is certain we will not be partaking in your city lights and crazy high living cost in the next few years.

Shortly after the rejection, I was actually on a plane heading to the hilly city for a work training. Don't worry, I glared out the plane window at the mean girl that is Standford.

After we heard from Stanford, we both grew nervous about the outstanding invitations-- Colorado, Seattle, and Boston.

Good news was just around the bend though as the University of Colorado made the right choice and offered Brad an interview. Hooray! Although we were not waiting with much anticipation, we also heard from the Children's Hospital in Austin. Brad got an interview there as well! It turns out, Texas loves us! I admit, I love Miranda Lambert. She hails from Tyler, TX near Dallas. Even though I think the likelihood of us ending up in the Lonestar State is relatively low, I am excited to see how Brad enjoys the programs. Here is a picture of us the last time we visited Austin.

We loved it, even though watching the Jets beat the Chargers was tough to swallow. The local bars with their many beers on tap sure helped!



Brad scheduled his Colorado and Austin interviews for mid-late January. Thus, January is going to be a big month for fun interviews. I again suggest that everyone look into a weekend trip to Texas or Colorado to accompany Brad!

Rhianna and Chad have smartly planned to meet up with us for our Nashville weekend coming up! We will be there from Friday to Monday. Brad surprised me for our one year anniversary with a trip to Nashville and we haven't been able to stop singing its praises since. The Vanderbilt residency program in Nashville has really shown its southern charm so far, with being very quick to answer questions Brad has had about the program and even inviting me to visit with the program people. Wow! I am curious as to how charming the program will be in person. I can't help it, I love to be wooed!

Brad is going to his first interview in Chicago this Friday. he flies out Thursday and is staying with his high school friend Ryan. Send him warm and windy thoughts for his first interview!! We have been told by many folks that we would love Chicago. All I know is I think that mirror bean thing looks amazing and I feel pretty good about Oprah. That's a start!

Where's the Love SEATTLE!

We continue to eagerly wait to hear from UW in Seattle. We have loved living here so much. It would be sad if the possibility of staying was not even available. That is how the game goes I suppose. We will definitely hear by the end of this week. How could they not want to interview Brad!! Hopefully, the program will come to its senses.

I'll post more when I know more.

Love
Mrs. Mcmack

No comments:

Post a Comment